The Maximus Group Housing Electronic Sow Feeding System is fully integrated with the Maximus Controller on your farm. Maximus uses all of its technology associated with controlling your ventilation, feed, lighting and alarm systems to now also feed and monitor your gestating sows in the best most animal friendly pen setting. Instead of just housing sows together and individually feeding each sow, we work with producers to develop and design the best environment for the sows. Our experience has proven that when sows are penned together in an environment that reduces stress, aggression, and competition, the need to separate sows by parity, provide extensive pre-training and continually sort and remix sows is both unnecessary and detrimental for animal welfare.
QUICK & EASY ACCESS TO DATA
The most important factor affecting reproductive performance of sows in a group setting is the ability to accurately feed individual sows in an environment that is safe and comfortable for the sows.
• Data is accessible, like everything controlled by the Maximus, via the web 24/7.
• Monitors and measures accurately and in real time e feed intake and per sow.
• RFID tag readers allows you to precisely and individually feed sows...
• iPad technology allows for easy, employee-friendly adjustment and monitoring at the sow/pen level.
Based on experience in loose housing and measuring animal behaviors and welfare, Maximus has developed sound and repeatable criteria for its ESF system.
• 20 square feet per sow
• 15 sows per feed station
• 15 sows per water station
• Static system – post preg check
• 2 sets of double feed stations per pens.
• Clearly designated/separated Eating area, watering area, sleeping area, and dunging areas with each pen.
• Solid fencing (partially solid) and divider panels to maximize sow comfort and safety.
• Total slatted flooring.
• Lights above feed stations on 24/7